DISCLAIMER: i was not the one who screencapped these pics,it was just shared through email.If anyone knew who did the screenshots please let me know so i can credit the person properly :) But for now i would like to share Sho’s kawaii creations
1. I don’t like my nose. Or my face structure at all, actually I barely have a face structure. My torso is too long, my legs are too short, my fingers are kinda chubby. My feet are relatively big for an Asian, I wish I had longer, thicker hair, and I have Buddha ears. But you know what, my jaw line during the summer is absolute perfection. OH YEAH.
2. Well my friends and I went to South Point last Friday. Kana and I bought matching Hollister puffy coats that were on sale for $30 (original was $100!!). I never thought I’d own something from Hollister, and there were some confusion with the color being orange or neon pink, but we finally decided that it was salmon— yummy!! Kana got green so we look like a watermelon. Then we all went to Target and I got conditioner and toothpaste. I forgot cream cheese. Kana drove us back, Michelle and I cooked ramen while we watched Super Junior-M on 快乐大本营, the most popular Chinese variety show in mainland China that is from my home province, Hunan :D It was hilarious. We all met up at B-school with Kim, MRI, Lapching, with other people and played card games, and hide and seek, and sardines. Kana then came with Kevin and Ivan, and we all played Scrabble and Apples to Apples. Then we all went home and slept. I stayed in the next three days.
3. It makes me sad when the people I want to talk to aren’t ever around to talk to. And when they do come online, we don’t talk. It must be some complicated psychological thing because I don’t really understand it. It also makes me sad when I end up eating too much but when I’m eating I don’t give a shit I just eat. Then afterwards I feel super guilty about being a fat kid. Sad story.
“Have you ever ate soup from a bread bowl?
I’d say my favorite is creamy asparagus
Now she say the soup burned her esophagus
Wouldn’t happen if you let it cool before you swallowed it
Waiter took forever we can order at fucking last
“The pheasant is impressive, stuffed with bass””—(via noonemanshouldhaveallthatflour)
Kanye West lyrics recreated to be about food.
1210. Asian Parenting. This controversial article had countless bloggers feverishly expressing their opinions on Amy Chua’s radical (or not?) parenting style of her daughters. A very thought-provoking read, regardless whether you agree with her or not.
I may have fought it, and hated my mother for it, but now I realize that she has been right about everything all along. And if I had listened to half of what she said, I would be better off. The only reason why I was so rebellious as a Chinese daughter was because I was influenced by American society and way of thinking. That my parents are out to get me, that you should live YOUR life, and be who YOU are, and do what YOU want to do. ~~Live in the Moment~~ If I had lived in China all this time, I would not have had those thoughts. But really, your parents are doing everything for your sake, and so that you will have a better future. They would never intentionally hurt you, even when they insult you in a way a loving parent never should. What would they gain from hurting you, right?
talk about a friend that youve admired for a long time?
When I first came to North Carolina, I had only been in America for about a year. I don’t remember how I felt then, but I wasn’t scared, lonely maybe. Then I met this girl two years older than me, she became like my older sister. We hung out all the time, especially during the summers. We lived really close to each other. Then we both moved, and ended up moving to basically the same neighborhood. But she was already in high school and made a lot of friends, we grew farther apart since she’s been in college, but we’re still friendly.
Another girl, also two years older, I met during freshman year of high school. We hung out everyday, ate lunch together, swapped halves of our sandwiches. And when we wanted to get away from the crowded cafeteria, we’d sit outside on the bus ramp and eat. She would sometimes bring instant miso soup in her thermos and we’d share. We grew apart also since she stayed at the Career Center all day (a separate place for AP classes), and went off to college, made new friends, etc. But she still taught me a lot, and it was through her that I had became a different person.
There’s a lot more to it but I don’t want to write out my autobiography on Tumblr, so. I still admire them, I sometimes get wind of what they’re up to and obviously, they’re both doing really great things, and it makes me want to do more with myself. And hope that I will be as awesome as they are one day hahaha
1. I cooked dinner with Melody, Kim, Lap-Ching, Michelle, and Colleen, then had a 3 hour conversation about random things. It was the best night this week and I wish it had been on a Friday instead of a Tuesday so we didn’t have to go to bed early for 8 and 9am’s.
2. I just go online and look at stuff when I’m alone. If I don’t have a computer with me, I people watch. It’s fine because no one notices me. I wonder about their lives and what they’re thinking. I sit by myself and listen to people beside me having everyday conversations while I read or eat; it gives me solace, in a way.
3. $10,000. I would save it for a plane ticket somewhere, give some to my parents, buy many many boots, and save the rest for food and books at college.
Also, UNC people: don’t you always find that you have nowhere to study, especially during exam time? the asians are always hogging the study rooms in the UL, davis is too creepy, the union lobby is too loud and the gallery does not have sufficient plugs or comfortable desks and chairs, and you can’t concentrate in your room… well, here might be a solution! please visit the facebook page and twitter for more information about the upcoming Ucommons renovation which will bring you lots more study, rehearsal, and event space, or if you just want to chill, there’s that too. aaaaand if you want an awesome button, we have plenty in the marketing and design suite rm 2409, just past the auditorium. seriously, we have like 3 plastic totes full of them, please get some, it’s free and it’ll make a very nice decoration piece for your backpack. :D